Space-Efficient 10GX IDC SystemSource: Belden Inc.
The 10GX IDC System is a high-performance, space-efficient modular connection system that allows wall-mounted configuration of large cross-connect systems and interconnect rack-mounted systems.
According to Belden:
- The innovative system which is easy to install and maintain, provides a cost-effective alternative to modular patch panels and is designed to minimize network infrastructure expenses while improving network uptime and security.
- Enhancing the Belden IBDN System 10GX, the 10GX IDC solution meets the TIA/EIA 568 B.2 standard and is uniquely engineered to deliver unmatched 10G performance, with ample headroom to handle 10GBase-T data networking and multimedia applications.
- The cornerstone of the system is the 10GX IDC Connecting Block which features three revolutionary technologies. The 10GX Connecting Block combines the MatriX and X-Bar technologies from the 10GX Module with the new X-Pair technology developed especially for this new system. The technology allows the twisted pair concept to be carried through the connecting hardware, making the connector transparent within the cable run. "The new X-Pair technology used in the 10GX IDC Connecting Block sets a new benchmark for 10G connecting hardware with a NEXT performance of 70 dB which is 32 times better than the NEXT requirement in the upcoming TIA standard," explains Alain Delage, Vice-President of Technology, Connectivity for Belden.
- The 10GX IDC System can be configured in large cross-connect fields with up to 2300 x 2300 ports in a 20-foot wall space. Because of its modularity, the system offers optimum flexibility to accommodate future moves, adds and changes (MACs). "The new 10GX IDC System flexibility, cost effectiveness and unmatched performance will bring excellent value, especially for high-demand data center cabling applications," says Claude Lafond, Director of Marketing, Connectivity for Belden.
- The new 10GX IDC System can be used to build space-efficient, cross-connect fields for:
- Horizontal distribution or equipment terminations in enterprise network Telecommunications Rooms, Main Distribution Rooms (MDRs), Consolidation Points;
- data Center Main Distribution Areas (MDAs), Horizontal Distribution Areas (HDAs), and Zone Distribution Areas (ZDA);
- migrating from Category 6 solutions - the 10GX IDC System can be used to retrofit a GigaBIX System to handle 10 Gb/s applications.
- The 10GX IDC System:
- Allows connection density to save on cross-connect "real estate";
- utilizes simple, reliable IDC Blocks, which improve network uptime;
- uses cut-to-length, punch down X-Connect Cables, resulting in reduced operating costs and improved network security;
- allows for termination of Connecting Blocks using the GigaFlex Connecting Tool (AX100749) or any 110 tool.
The 10GX IDC System components come packaged in a complete, convenient 72-port Termination Kit, which includes all the components required to terminate 72 cables. All items in the kit can also be purchased separately as replacement components. 10GX X-Connect Cable for patching between connecting blocks can also be ordered separately.