Microsemi Corporation recently announced that it has introduced the industry's highest power UHF transistor for weather and over-the-horizon radar applications, doubling the power of prior solutions
Microsemi Corporation, a manufacturer of analog/mixed signal integrated circuits and semiconductors, recently announced that it has introduced the industry's highest power UHF transistor for weather and over-the-horizon radar applications, doubling the power of prior solutions.
According to Microsemi:
- Designated the 0405-1000M, the new transistor provides one kilowatt of power to replace two 500-watt devices that previously were the highest available for these mission-critical UHF applications operating at 400-450 MHz, with no compromise in RF performance.
- The 0405-1000M transistor is designed for high performance, with a common emitter, class C, output stage offering unparalleled performance of 1000W of peak power and 70% collector efficiency at 450MHz. It employs a hermetically-sealed package for highest reliability in weather and over-the-horizon radar applications.
- The transistor utilizes a new chip design and processing enhancements to offer state-of-the-art performance, notably in high power and high gain over the specified frequency range with 300us pulse width and 10% duty cycle.
0405-100M Key Product Features
- Designed for UHF Radar Application: 400-450 MHz
- Medium Pulse Format: 300 us, 10%
- Excellent Output Power: 1000W
- High Power Gain: 10 dB
- Collector Efficiency: 70% @450MHz
- Compression: In Compression
- Vcc: +40V
The 0405-100M is available for immediate evaluation. Please contact the factory for evaluation kits.